Monday, May 14, 2007

Holy Mary, Bless Me

Sunday morning, and I was lonely in my apartment. Then I decided to go to Hyde Park in the heart of Sydney. Nothing was in the park, just some people were doing demo and asking to free West Papua from Indonesia government. Stepped out from them, I prefer to shoot my old camera at St. Mary Cathedral, the biggest Catholic church in Sydney.

In 1821 the foundation stone of the first St Mary's Chapel was laid by Governor Lachlan Macquarie. In 1865 St Mary's Cathedral was ruined by fire. Work was begun on a new cathedral in 1865 and was completed in three stage: the northern section in 1882, the central tower in 1900 and the Nave in 1928, a total of 60 years. Between 1998 and 2000 the Spires were added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home